The Story Behind the jewelry by NaLa Logo

The rose I use for my jewelry by NaLa brand/logo is actually a rose from our next door neighbor's yard. She presented me with the flower in the photograph for my birthday one year, because she knows how very much I adore that particular rose bush in her yard. Eleanor has had that rose bush for as long as I can remember, and it's taller than I am now (and I'm almost 6' tall). Each year, it produces literally hundreds of the largest, prettiest, most fragrant roses you'll ever see.  The rose she gave me was so beautiful, I took a photo of it to enjoy long after the rose itself was spent.


A while back, Eleanor was beginning to get a little water in her basement during rainstorms and was thinking about having her home waterproofed. The man bidding on the job told her he'd have to move her rose bush to get the job done. Needless to say, the thought of someone digging up her beloved plant wasn't very appealing to Eleanor, and she agonized over the notion. That rose bush is like an old friend to her. Actually, we're all smitten with it and its glorious blooms.


It's the funniest thing, but we haven't seen hide nor hair of that waterproofing guy around these parts after that first day. I have a funny feeling we won't be seeing him again any time soon--at least not if it means moving that rose bush. And if worse comes to worst, we'll all get our mops and buckets and head on over to Eleanor's house the next time it rains. Anything to save that rose ...


Update: The rose bush was eventually--and lovingly--dug up and moved to waterproof the house. It's alive and well in its new location, despite the trimming which was needed to move it, and it continues to amaze and delight us with its glorious blooms.

11 comments:

  1. What a sweet story as to the origins of your logo's rose image. You are so lucky to be able to enjoy what sounds like a gorgeous display of roses each year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing that story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping in Sandra, and you're so right Laura. I look forward each and every year to that very first Spring bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely story NaLa! I can smell those roses from here everytime I see you on Twitter, Facebook, and over-all, the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely story of how you got your logo and it is a beautiful rose - I love roses and grow them wherever I can just the thought of such an outstanding rose bush out there gives me hope for mine ;~D

    ReplyDelete
  6. NaLa, I just enjoyed reading that story. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GREAT story NaLa!!
    So happy the rose bush is happy and healthy and Elanor's basement is dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks everyone, and I'm really happy about both of those things, too, Michele! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This makes me wonder how many other interesting stories are behind the various brands and logos I see out there ... feel free to share the reason or influence behind yours here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet story! Thank you for sharing NaLa :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. NaLa what a great story, matches you perfectly cause you are such a beautiful rose :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Comments