Web 2.0

My kingdom to anyone who can explain this to me in real layman's terms. I've been trying like crazy to fling myself into the world of Internet marketing in order to get myself thousands--scratch that, millions--of visitors to my Etsy shop, blog, website, you name it. Of course, those attempts have failed miserably ... maybe I'm just not holding my mouth right. 


I know what tags are, but I don't know how to use them anywhere but on Etsy and Flickr. Keywords, meta tags and wikis? Oh my! How are these used to market a product? How do you use RSS feeds? Why won't my hashmarks on Twitter work anymore? Okay, that last one really didn't have much to do with marketing in general, it's just something I've been struggling with on my own Twitter account. As long as I'm asking why, why doesn't Twitter have a good "Contact Us" feature? Am I the only one asking these questions?


These (aside from the last one) are just a few of the things about Internet marketing that boggle my mind. I swear, if I ever figure this thing out, I'll be more than happy to pass along the secrets, unlike the snooty Internet savvy people I've seen teasing people with their vast knowledge of the ins and outs of Internet marketing. Of course, unless one can come up with cash to unlock the great Web 2.0 mysteries, these types don't fork over much of anything in the way of useful information. I can't watch one more Web 2.0 video on You Tube only to walk away even more frustrated at the end and sure that I'm the only one in the universe who still doesn't "get it." Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments