That's music to an Etsian's ears. If you're an artist on Etsy, having a fellow artist include one of your items in their Etsy treasury is one of the highest compliments you can receive. Etsy treasuries are a showcase of some of the finest items Etsy has to offer.
People who make Etsy treasuries choose a main theme for their treasury and spend a good deal of time hand picking just the right items to fill up their poster sketch. Then they wait patiently for the next treasury to become available.
Sometimes it can take days to snag a treasury. Considering all the time and effort that can be involved, it's an honor when someone chooses to showcase one of your creations--and it can drive a significant amount of traffic to your shop.
So suppose you've been chosen to be in a treasury. Hooray!! What a thrill! Now is your time to bask in the glow of the spotlight the treasury curator has provided for you. And after you've spent time admiring your feature, there are some things you should consider doing next:
1. Personally thank the curator for the thoughtfulness of including your item in their beautiful treasury.
2. Go to the treasury page and leave a comment about the treasury for the curator. The more clicks and comments a treasury gets, the higher its rating.
3. Take a screen shot of the treasury for your blog. Write a little something about how you've been featured, and don't forget to mention the name of the curator. It's only fair to advertise the creator of the treasury, since they are the ones who found your beautiful item and chose to showcase it.
4. Post the screenshot to Facebook. Posting the photo will pique the interest of your friends and fans and encourage them to go see the actual treasury and leave a comment of their own. Be sure to include a working link to the treasury to make it easy for your friends to find it.
5. Tweet about it. Let your Twitter friends know you've been showcased. Post the link to the treasury and ask that your followers click on the treasury and comment.
6. If you belong to an Etsy street team, by all means, let them know you've been featured. Team members are notoriously supportive of their fellow members and will help you spread the good news.
7. Stumble it, Digg it or whatever else you can think of in order to get the treasury more exposure.
Just remember, the more people who see your feature, the greater the exposure for Etsy and everyone involved in the treasury. It's a win/win when you do your part to advertise the fact that your talent has been recognized in such a special way.