HAFteam Featured Artist: Paradise Purls

Located in beautiful North Carolina, Elizabeth Humphries of Paradise Purls is the featured artist from the Handmade Artists Forum. A former Human Resources Generalist and Technical Recruiter, Elizabeth spent her spare time teaching herself how to knit using a "how to" booklet and recruiting a little help from her friends and her Mother in Law. Says Elizabeth, "I fell in love with all the yarn...the colors and textures. One of my favorite things to do is spend time in a yarn shop touching all the different yarns. I'm very tactile!" 
When she's not creating beautiful works of art, Elizabeth spends time blogging about knitting, life, family, books, arts/crafts and lots of other things. Some of her other interests include jewelry design, politics and, of course, the UNC Tarheels. Here is just a small sample of Elizabeth's work. Initially, when I saw this first piece, I thought it was actual metal link chainmaille, but it's a fabulous hand knit bracelet:
Hand Knit Bracelet - Fiber Bling, Jewel Tones
Buttercup - Yellow Cotton Neck Warmer
Red Floral Glass Beaded Bookmark
For more examples of Elizabeth's beautiful work, click on the title above for her blog and visit her shop on Etsy:

11 comments:

  1. Love her knitting! Elizabeth also has a lovely shop here Paradise Purls! on the Handmade Artists' Shop! Take a peak.
    HAF

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, and I love that bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Her knitting is fabulous! I can knit too, but not like that!! Great article!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the great feature! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful creations! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that bracelet is so innovative! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That bracelet is amazing! I thought is was metal and was trying to figure out where she found those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice post :) I love that bracelet too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I thought that bracelet was chainmaille as well. Thank you for posting about this wonderful artisan!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments