Featured HAF Artist: iKnitQuiltSew

Hailing from Cedar City, Utah, Sandi of iKnitQuiltSew learned how to sew and knit from her Grandmother. Her classic, old fashioned style stems from that and from the patterns she uses which originally belonged to her Great Grandmother and date as far back as the 1800's. She has been delighting friends and family for nearly forty years with her wonderful quilts, blankets, infant wear and handmade dolls and stuffed teddy bears. They finally convinced her that she should sell her beautiful creations, so she took the plunge and started her own business. 


Sandi's love for what she does shows in each and everything she creates. In her own words, "I truly love what I do... whether it's knitting that perfect pair of booties or hand-quilting my latest creation, it's a labor of love. Though I'm creating a commercial environment for my work, I don't want to lose that passion. For this reason, you won't find hundreds of items in my store. Each and every item will be made with care and great attention to the details." Those are the words of a true artist. And here is a small sampling of that artist's lovely work:


Hand Knit Pink Baby Hat 0-6 Months



Hand Knit Pink Baby Hat 0-6 Months


Cream Mohair Hand Knit Baby Booties Newborn to 3 Months


Cream Mohair Hand Knit Baby Booties Newborn to 3 Months


Baby Quilt or Wall-Hanging Machine Appliqued and Hand Quilted


Baby Quilt or Wall-Hanging Machine Appliqued and Hand Quilted


Handmade Teddy Bear - Ready to be Loved


Handmade Teddy Bear - Ready to be Loved


To view more of Sandi's lovingly handmade items, visit her at the following locations:

12 comments:

  1. I just love her bears so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - she creates amazing items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want one of her bears so much! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love her work! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the booties! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her quilts are beautiful, but being a collector of bears myself, I am especially fond of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is a great artist. I really appreciate the handmade quality of her things. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Her items are classicly styled and represent such artistry - it's not surprising it's been handed down through the generations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What wonderful creations they all look so cozy to snuggle up with. I must agree with FantasyDreamKnits that it's no wonder the skills are passed down through generations.

    ReplyDelete

Comments