Handmade Artists Forum Featured Artist: Baublezptoa

Mandala of Fine Silver with Gaspiete Green NecklaceBaublezptoa (ptoa-pretty things of adornment) are lovingly made by Carmen Trueheart, using sterling silver, vintage and lampwork beads, and gemstones. This amazingly talented artist hails from from sunny Saint Augustine, Florida and has dabbled in many areas of jewelry making since her humble "hippie" beginnings in Richmond Virginia. She began by stringing beads for necklaces, bracelets and earrings to give to friends and family, but soon began learning about the beads she loved so much--their history, what they meant, and their values. Her lust for learning led her to silversmithing and to her medium of choice now: creating beautiful jewelry made from Precious Metal Clay.
"It is one of the things I love to do, and it is an outlet for my desire to use my hands to create. And of course the positive feedback of someone wearing my creations is a marvelous reward."

Botswana Agate in Peach Post Earrings with a Dangle
Fine Silver Bead with Dusty Blue Opal Bracelet

These are just a few examples of her beautiful works of art, and more can be found here:

12 comments:

  1. Interesting post! I am glad to hear I am not the only one with 'hippie beginnings!'

    ReplyDelete
  2. lo I guess there must be a few of us with "hippie beginnings" on HAF - must be part of the reason it's such a great place! hehe
    Great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post!I especially love that bracelet8)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It still amazes me what she can create using that clay! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post, and I really like the items you chose to spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am just fastenated with the clay medium. Her designs are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing work from a talented artist. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could own ANYTHING from her shops! And I love that I learned about an entirely new medium from her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Her PMC work IS awesome! I have been terrified to try it. I'd take a class from her though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a wonderful post about a truly talented artist. I love, love, love those earrings you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post! Beautiful jewelry!

    ReplyDelete

Comments